If you love espresso or espresso-based drinks but are fed up with spending so much money at your local coffee shops, buying a budget-friendly espresso machine could be the best solution for you.
There is a wide variety of different espresso machines available, some of which cost hundreds and thousands of dollars.
Since we are well aware that not everybody is ready to spend that kind of money on an appliance like this, we have selected the best espresso machines under $300 for you.
All of the top-rated espresso machines from this list make superb espresso, which can easily rival the barista made ones you usually buy from a high-end coffee shop, or like the ones you would enjoy when traveling to Italy.
Some of these machines are designed to make espressos only, but others are more versatile and will allow you to make other favorite beverages like cappuccino, macchiato, Latte, and others.
Best Espresso Machine Under 300
Read on to choose the best espresso machine costing less than $300 for your needs and taste.
This small-sized espresso machine is inexpensive and yet can make the perfect 1.35-oz barista-style espresso, or an enchanting 5-oz lungo.
The De’Longhi Essenza Mini is the best espresso machine you can find for under $300. In fact, it costs less than $140, but the coffee it makes tastes like one you would drink in a fashionable café in Rome.
It has a tiny footprint, and is portable so that you can use it even in the smallest kitchen, dorm room, office, and also take it with you when going on vacation.
Despite its compact size, the Essenza Mini can deliver up to 19 bars of pressure, so that all of the aromas are extracted from each Nespresso capsule.
It is not only very affordable, but the machine comes with a bonus of 16 different and unique types of Original Nespresso capsules, so you can try which ones you like best before buying more.
You can buy the capsules of your choice easily by ordering them via the Nespresso Club mobile app, or online.
The appliance also comes with an Aeroccino 3 milk frother so that you can make cappuccino and Latte too.
The espresso machine is extremely easy to use and to clean. All you need to do is pour water into the removable reservoir, place a capsule of your choice, and press a button. The result will be – a perfect cup of aromatic coffee.
It heats up the water in just 30 seconds, so you will never be late for work again while enjoying your morning cup of coffee.
It has an eco-mode, which will turn the machine off automatically after 9 minutes of inactivity.
- 19 bars of pressure
- Two recipes for espresso and lungo
- Easy, one-touch control
- Compact and portable it is 8.1 x 12.8 x 4.3 inches and weighs 5.1 lbs.
- Heats up water in just 30 seconds
- Energy saving
- Removable 20-oz water tank for easy filling and cleaning
- An included Aeroccino 3 milk frother
- Comes with a starter kit of 16 Nespresso Original Capsules with different aromas
- The capsules can be ordered by phone, online or via the dedicated mobile app
The Breville Inissia Espresso Machine looks almost the same as the top-rated Essenza Mini but has some features that our top choice doesn’t.
The Inissia is another compact countertop appliance that will take up very little space in any kitchen or any other interior.
It is slightly larger than the Essenza Mini but is still one of the smallest espresso machines which can deliver 19 bars of pressure and which can make perfect coffee almost automatically.
The espresso machine can brew you a delicious cup of espresso or a lungo in under a minute. The water heats up in less than 25 seconds, and after you have placed a Nespresso capsule of your choice, all you have to do is press a button.
The water tank of this espresso machine is 24-oz, so it is slightly larger than that of the Essenza Mini, which could be a benefit if you make more coffees one after the other, or if you prefer lungo (5-oz).
This espresso machine also has a nifty folding drip tray, so you will eliminate the mess from any spills, and can clean up after making coffee with minimal effort.
This machine, too, will switch off automatically when it has not being used for 9 minutes, so it is energy-saving as well.
It is sold at a very reasonable price and comes with a starters kit, including 16 different Nespresso Grands Crus capsules.
All of the capsules have unique aromas and are available in recyclable and mess-free capsule via the Nespresso Club app, online or by phone order.
- Delivers up to 19 bars of pressure
- The water reaches the perfect temperature in less than 25 seconds
- Makes barista grade espresso or lungo
- It operates with a single touch of a button
- Auto shut-off function which will help save energy
- A removable, large 24-oz water tank
- A folding drip tray for easy cleaning and a mess-free experience
- The size of the coffee machine is 4.7 x 9 x 12.6 inches, and it weighs 5.29 lbs.
- It comes with 16 different Nespresso Grands Crus capsules
Best budget-friendly option
If you want to find an espresso machine that will make you a barista-style espresso with thick and delicious crema every time without having to pay more than $70, then this award-winning personal espresso maker is the best one you can find.
The Staresso features a unique design, and an incredibly compact size, making it one of the best options for a coffee maker for traveling, camping, a picnic, or for work.
It is only 2.8 x 2.8 x 9.6 inches and weighs 14.1 oz.
Yet, with the help of its unique pumping system, it can produce up to 15 bars of pressure without the use of electricity.
The portable espresso maker has an 80ml water tank and can hold up to 0.53oz of ground coffee of your choice.
With the help of this portable manual coffee maker, you can make an espresso to use for latte cafe Americano, ice cream coffee, cappuccino, and cold brew coffee.
The manufacturer guarantees that each espresso you make will comply with the Golden Exaction Rate Coffee, which includes a heart, a body, and rich crema on top.
The Staresso is made of BPA free materials and comes with a 12-month warranty.
- Portable, non-electrical espresso machine excellent for traveling, camping, and others
- It costs less than $70
- It works with both Nespresso capsules and with ground coffee
- Award-winning design award by Red dot
- Up to 15 bars of pressure
- The machine does not require electricity to make Golden Exaction Rate Coffee every time
- A size of only 2.8 x 2.8 x 9.6 inches, and a weight of 14.1 oz.
- Sold with a 2-year warranty
The rest of the best espresso machines for less than $300
The Breville Nespresso Creatista Uno is one of the most versatile espresso machines you can buy for under $300. It has a unique steam wand for creating the perfect milk foam and one-touch preset programs for making 7 different types of coffee and beverages.
- A sleek modern design
- 19 bar pressure pump for perfect coffee extraction
- Heats up for just 3 seconds
- It includes a self-cleaning micro-foam milk technology steam wand
- Pre-set programs for making ristretto, espresso, lungo, cappuccino, café latte, latte macchiato and flat white
- The milk temperature is adjustable
- The texture level of the froth is also adjustable
- Automatic, and simple to use
- It requires minimal cleaning
- A 50 oz. removable water tank
- A container capacity of 6 used Nespresso capsules
- Pop-Out cup support for larger cups
- Comes with a stainless steel barista milk jug
- The dimensions of the machine are 6.7 x 12.1 x 15.5 inches, and 9.8 lbs.
- Available in black, red or stainless steel
If you want a budget-friendly espresso machine that you can also use to make brewed coffee, then the De’Longhi Nespresso Vertuo is an excellent option for you. It uses an automatic capsule recognition technology to make you all types of coffee with a single push of a button, and no manual adjustments needed.
- It can make freshly brewed coffee or barista-style espresso thanks to its centrifusion technology which detects the type of capsule and makes the coffee as it is meant to be enjoyed
- Heats up in just 15 seconds
- A one-touch button automatic operation
- The machine uses Nespresso Grand Cru capsules of your choice
- You can make espresso, double espresso, gran lungo, coffee or alto
- The machine comes with a De’Longhi Aeroccino Milk frother
- It also includes a welcome pack of 30 Grand cru capsules, including 10 of each of the most popular types – Stormio, Sdacio, and Melozio
- It is sold in different color options including red, black, graphite, silver and titan
- The size of the machine is 9 x 12.2 x 12.3 inches, and it weighs 11 lbs.
- It has a 54 oz. removable water tank
- The container has a capacity of 13 large Nespresso capsules for coffee
- A power output of 1350 watts
- Auto shut off after 9 minutes of inactivity
This espresso machine by Calphalon has an integrated smart Temp iQ technology, which will ensure that the temperature is absolutely perfect for each barista-style espresso or other espresso-based drink it makes. It also has a steam wand for making your favorite milk froth and foam based drinks.
- A 15 bar Italian pump for the perfect espresso with crema
- It features a patented Temp iQ technology which enables it to produce the right temperature for the ideal coffee extraction
- Easy to use dial interface
- You can make single or double shots of barista-style espresso
- It has a steam wand for microfoam milk and creamy froth for lattes, cappuccinos, and others
- The portafilter has a large capacity for more coffee and even extraction of the espresso
- You will receive 1 and 2 cup filters, a cleaning pin and a tamper, and a stainless steel milk jug with a pouring spout
- The 2L reservoir is removable and comfortable to fill and clean
- It has a cup warming tray to keep the espresso cups warm and ready
- The machine has a contemporary design and is made of stainless steel
This is a manual and portable espresso maker, which comes with a carry case, and which does not rely on electricity to make excellent quality espresso. It works with ground coffee of your choice, so you don’t have to worry about buying capsules, or re-filling them.
- A unique, state-of-the-art design
- It uses no electricity to make impeccable espresso in 30 to 45 seconds
- The Flair is easy to use, and is human-powered only and delivers a pressure of 6 to 10 bars via the manual lever
- It works with ground coffee so you won’t need to buy capsules
- Made of durable materials such as stainless steel and cast aluminum
- It even comes with a luxurious carry case for easy portability and storage
- The size when assembled is 12 x 6 x 10 inches, and it weighs 5 lbs.
- The water cylinder has a capacity of 60ml, and each espresso shot requires the use of 13 to 18 grams of ground coffee
- The machine is easy to be taken apart for portability and easier cleaning
- The Flair is available in different color options
- The manual espresso maker comes with a 5-year warranty
This is a premium quality Nespresso espresso machine, which is among the best you can buy for under $300 if you want to have the option to choose between espresso, lungo, or milk-based delicious coffees and beverages.
- A 19 bar powerful pump
- Heats up the water in 40 seconds
- Perfect for Latte, cappuccino, and espresso lovers
- Includes an advanced milk frothing system
- 6 preset programs which you can choose with a press of a single button
- The automatic programs will allow you to make a creamy latte, latte macchiato, espresso, cappuccino, lungo, or milk froth
- A regulator knob for adjusting the temperature and texture of the milk froth
- A sliding drip tray allows for the use of cups of different sizes
- A descaling alert enables you to change the water hardness level settings to 1 of the 5 available ones
- Turns off after 9 minutes when not in use
- Works with all Nespresso capsules
- Available in three beautiful colors
- It comes with a set of 14 different Nespresso capsules
- There is a container where the used capsules are ejected automatically
- The dimensions of the machine are 6.8 x 12.6 x 10.15 inches
- It weighs 9.9 lbs.
With the Nescafe Dolce Gusto Esperta 2, you can make up to 15 delicious espresso and black coffee-based warm and cold drinks thanks to the wide variety of Dolce Gusto capsules.
It is an easy-to-use espresso machine, which allows you to adjust the size and intensity of your beverage and will make delicious coffee every time.
- A pro-grade pump delivers 15 bars of pressure
- It uses Dolce Gusto capsules
- You can use the automatic espresso machine to make over 15 types of hot and cold black coffee and espresso-based drinks
- Easy to use control with a scroll wheel to adjust the intensity and size of your coffee
- The different Dolce Gusto capsules you can choose from include: Espresso Intenso, Grande Intenso, Café au Lait, Americano, Chai Tea Latte, Dark Roast, Caramel Latte Macchiato, Latte Macchiato, Medium Roast, Mocha, Skinny Cappuccino, Chococino, Lungo Decaf, and Vanilla Latte Macchiato
- The size of the appliance is 10.1 x 9.4 x 13.3 inches, and it weighs 5.4 lbs.
- Its water tank capacity is 60 oz.
- It switches itself off after 5 minutes of inactivity
- It has a very sleek design and a small footprint
- Top 6 Best Hot Air Popcorn Poppers in 2021 Reviews - February 25, 2021
- Best Pull-Out Kitchen Faucets in 2021 – Ultimate Buyer’s Guide - February 25, 2021
- The 5 Best Skillets For Eggs – 2021 - January 28, 2021
Last update on 2021-03-01 at 15:24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API